Search Everything Octopus

Monday, April 19, 2010

"But What I Really Wanna' Do is Direct", Said the Octopus

Check out this awesome video of a rogue octopus who snatched a camera from a diver.



Here's what the lucky diver had to say:

while trying to get video of a wild octopus, it suddenly dashed towards me and rips my shiny new camera from out of my hands, then swims off, all while the camera is recording! he swam away very quickly like a naughty shoplifter. after a 5 minute chase, I placed my speargun underneath him and he quickly and curiously grabbed hold of the gun as well, giving me enough time to reach in and grab the camera from out of his mouth. I didn't feel threatened at all during the whole ordeal. he seemed to be fixated on the shiny metallic blue digital camera. the only confusing behavior was how he dashed off with it like a thief haha. cheeky octopus.

songs by: Vincent Gillioz - Car Chase
Dalmatian Rex and the Eigentones - Octopus I Love You

filmed and edited by: Victor Huang

location: Wahine Memorial, Wellington, New Zealand

*please note, I was free diving, not scuba diving during this entire ordeal. some news agencies and bloggers have mixed up this fact.

*and if your still bored, go to my Channel to view other crazy sea adventures which I've filmed in Wellington, New Zealand

thanks for watching, and remember life is too short to spend it in front of a tv or at the shopping mall......get out there and live it up! these moments of beauty exist every single second in nature.

love,
vic

Everything Octopus readers, don't you love the octopus song?!

(o)(O)(o)(O)(o)>

1 comment:

Maddy Joy said...

Hi Dear
This blog is totally depends on the octopus.So this blog is very popular...........................
Plush Robes